Check out this iPhone Remote Automotive Ignition Hack which is sure to make your day a bit easier. The phone needs to be jailbroken, but that is no big deal. 🙂
Via: Electronics Lab
“I used an older Arduino simply because I wanted a quick and dirty 3.3v source for the iphone to arduino serial interface. The perfboard has a tip120 to drive the remote start, all the interface wiring for the car, power supply and the iphone interface.”
Posted by Tammy on Jun 24, 2009 in Jailbreak
Now that the iPhone 3.0 firmware has been announced you will probably want to get the new version, then jailbreak your phone. The Dev-Team Blog has announced a method to jailbreak your newly upgraded phone. See the steps below and be sure to see their site for more details.
“Ultrasn0w for iPhone 3G is ready!
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com to Cydia or Icy. That last “o” is actually the number zero “0”! If you use the letter “o” you’ll get an error.
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w